Don’t deny yourself the pleasure of travel because you’re tired, stressed, or depressed. You can plan your dream vacation that takes into account your needs, rather than become a prisoner of them.
When choosing a destination it is important you consider the following to help you get the most of your getaway:
1. Consider your physical limitations. Avoid destinations where you’ll have to do more walking than you are able because of fatigue or pain. Always ask to stay on the ground floor or guest room closest the elevator at your hotel and let someone help you. Conserve your energy for having fun and sightseeing, not carrying your luggage or walking to your room.
2. Avoid tour groups. You will want to travel at your own pace. Don’t choose a vacation where you will have to keep up with a group of people.
3. Stay-cation. If long trips or plane rides are not possible, you can seek out alternatives to travel. Plan daytrips, or long weekend trips where you can drive to your destination.
As always, please feel free to share your thoughts and experiences. I hope that by sharing my experiences you find strength, hope, and solutions when you make your commitment to live beyond your illness.
Gal Pal Carmen
Your Florida Gal Pal Bounce Back Getaway Expert
“You dream it, I plan it, you deserve it.”
Telephone: (407) 900-9258 E-mail: Carmen@CmpTravelCounselor.com
- Fun Travel Strategy: Plan in Detail (bouncebackjournal.wordpress.com)
- Top 10 Travel Safety Tips (bouncebackjournal.wordpress.com)