While Memorial Day is a day of remembrance for those who have died in our nation’s service, for which we will eternally be grateful, many of us use the time as an opportunity take a much-needed getaway. It is a great way to kick off summer. Before you make your getaway plans consider these 5 things, so your vacation can live up to your expectations.
Top 5 Things to consider when choosing your getaway destination:
1. Why are you traveling? Are you traveling to celebrate a special achievement or birthday? Are you traveling to disconnect? To visit family? Knowing why you are traveling helps you know how far in advance you need to plan. If you are visiting family, and only need to make air travel reservations, or are driving a short distance, you will not need to plan more than 3 weeks in advance. However, if you are planning a 3 week trip to Italy, you may want to start planning 6 to 12 months in advance.
2. How are you feeling? Do you need to reduce stress, or do you have built up stress and need adventure, or are you somewhere in between? At times we need to take it slow, relax on a beach and help start the healing our bodies need from our day-to-day living. Other times we want to let loose, go surfing, try something adventurous. Plan activities that will help make the most of your vacation based on how your body feels.
3. Who are you traveling with? Your family, girlfriends, or spouse? Take into account why you are traveling and how you are feeling. There are times when you may need to get away and enjoy the family, or your partner. You may need to hang with your girlfriends, or be alone. Your travel companions can make or break a getaway.
4. How much time do you have? Ideally 4-7 days will help you completely relax. No matter how much time it is, you need to make the most of your vacation time.
5. How much have you budgeted for your getaway? No matter what the dollar amount is, be creative, plan your vacation, and try to find something unique to experience while you’re vacationing.
If you are short on time and/or money, you are in luck. This in an opportunity to get to know your home state. In central Florida you have so many options. From St. Augustine for a relaxing couple’s weekend; or a getaway to Ybor City for a fun, spirited weekend, the options are endless.
Gal Pal Carmen
Your Florida Gal Pal Bounce Back Getaways Expert
“You dream it, I plan it, you deserve it.”
Telephone: (407) 900-9258 E-mail: Carmen@CmpTravelCounselor.com