Have you been putting off planning your summer vacation because you’re overwhelmed with options? There are tools that can ease that overwhelming feeling.
1. Planning a summer vacation to visit friends and/or family and only need to buy air tickets? Shop on the internet on Tuesday night after 7 p.m. for the best fares and the best selection of flight times. You should also try to schedule your vacation so you can fly out on Thursday or Friday, and return any day other than Sunday, which can save you money.
2. Going somewhere you are familiar? Shop the internet for special savings packages including air tickets, hotel, and airport transfers or a car rental. Your familiarity with the destination means you know the best sights and things to do, so you can easily make your vacation plans in a short amount of time. Keep in mind that you will need to be flexible with travel dates, and be wary of expiration dates.
3. Short on time, and you don’t know where to go? By doing in-depth destination research, saving you time and money, a good travel professional can help by giving you recommendations based on what they learn about you and your preferences. It takes the average traveler 7 and a half hours to plan a 5-7 day domestic vacation, over 11 hours if they are traveling internationally.
4. Traveling internationally? There are a number of details involved in international travel that if missed can ruin your vacation, like applying for the proper visas, obtaining a valid passport, meeting the application deadlines, and/or obtaining and necessary vaccinations. It is a good idea to seek the advise of a travel professional, to learn about the entry requirements of the country you are planning on visiting.
5. Traveling in a group involving coordinating travel for multiple people? It is always easier to use a travel professional. Especially if you are on a getaway for a special celebration like a destination wedding, family reunion, or birthday. This way if anything goes wrong, you can hand the responsibility to the travel professional rather than trying to fix it on your own.
For many a summer vacation comes with a great sacrifice of time and money, so make the most of your vacation by planning the dream getaway you deserve.
Carmen M. Perez, Travel Counselor
Your Florida Travel Expert and Gal Pal Bounce Back Getaways Specialist
“You dream it, I plan it, you deserve it.”
Visit My Website: www.GalPalBounceBackGetaways.com
Telephone: (407) 900-9258 E-mail: Carmen@CmpTravelCounselor.com