When you travel you have an idea of the experiences you are looking forward to the most. Whether it’s catching up with your gal pals in Cancun to check out the club scene, or climbing a mountain with a tour guide, your plans don’t usually include an accident, or loosing your travel documents.
Unfortunately things happen, and when they do planning ahead will help you get your vacation back on track.
- Know and respect local laws. Stay in the well-known tourist areas of the cities you visit. Follow your instincts and avoid any areas or situations that seem as though they could become dangerous.
- Leave a copy of your itinerary and travel documents with a friend or family member back home; and keep an extra copy in a safe place at your hotel, like the hotel safe.
- Program ICE (“In Case of Emergency”) contact information in your mobile phone. When I travel alone I have my ICE contact listed as “ICE – Fred Perez, Husband.” When I am traveling with my family, I update my ICE contact to “ICE – Carmen Perez, Mother.” This is the first place authorities will check for emergency contact information.
- Check with your mobile phone provider before departure to see if your phone is capable of roaming on GSM or 3G/4G international networks.
- Do not display expensive looking jewelry, large amounts of money, or other valuable items.
Remember to practice safety. This will always guarantee a great getaway.
Have you averted vacation disaster by planning ahead?
As always, please feel free to share your thoughts and experiences. I hope that by sharing my experiences you find strength, hope, and solutions when you make your commitment to live beyond your illness.
Gal Pal Carmen
Your Florida Gal Pal Bounce Back Getaway Specialist
“You dream it, I plan it, you deserve it.”
Telephone: (407) 900-9258 E-mail: Carmen@CmpTravelCounselor.com