Do you enjoy road trips? Since moving to Florida, I have come to adore the freedom and convenience of taking road trips for my girlfriends’ getaways. With singing to all of our favorite oldies, doubled over laughing, recalling our best and worst moments of high-school, or the last social event we all attended, what’s not to love?
Living in Central Florida affords me the choice of some of the best vacation spots in the world, all within reach with less than a tank of gas: Clearwater, St. Augustine, Vero Beach, Palm Coast, Tampa, Ybor City, to name a few. Short road trips are the perfect solution when you are enjoying a “Staycation” with family or friends. Try a day trip to check out a new local experience a couple of hours away. Show off your state!
If you’re ready to hit the road, we need to ready the vehicle you will be using for the journey:
1. Check the fluids, air pressure, and tire wear.
2. Change the oil; check your filters and lights.
3. Prepare an Emergency Road Side Kit.
4. Pack water and snacks for the ride.
5. Check the weather.
Your Emergency Road Side Kit may include jumper cables, an updated map, cellphone, spare tire, tools, flares, flashlights, a medical kit, and fire extinguisher. Your kit may include more or less depending on the length of your road trip.
To get the most from your experience on the road, keep the following in mind:
1. Don’t advertise you’re traveling. Keep maps out of sight when visiting rest stops or gasoline stations along the way.
2. Look like you know where you are going.
3. If you check into a motel, get a room upstairs so you can check out the parking lot before you head out.
4. Use truck stops when you do have to stop.
5. Chat up the locals. Find out what they like to do, and where they to frequent for juicy insider tips of what to do and where to visit.
Remember road trips are a state of mind…it’s all about the journey. If you would like to plan a road trip for your next girlfriends’ getaway, drop me a line. I have several routes with information on personally recommended hotels, restaurants, the sights to see and things to do.
Carmen M. Perez, Travel Counselor
Your Florida Travel Expert and Gal Pal Bounce Back Getaways Specialist
Let’s start planning — You dream it, I plan it, you deserve it.
Visit My Website: www.GalPalBounceBackGetaways.com
Telephone: (407) 900-9258 E-mail: Carmen@CmpTravelCounselor.com