Do you want to plan a day trip with your girlfriends but never know what to do? In July we celebrate National Picnic Month. My girlfriends and I picnic at a beach the 3rd Friday of every month. We each bring our lunch, with enough to share, and catch up as we enjoy the scenery. There are times I don’t know what I would do without these little day trips to look forward to.
Make things as easy as possible, I have a simple formula for a perfect easy, breezy beach picnic:
1. A comfy beach chair, small cooler, and an umbrella. Get a set that you absolutely love. These days there are great chairs that you wear as a back pack that has an umbrella and small coolers attached. Perfect for a girl heading to the beach.
2. A simple meal with enough to share. Keep it simple. Remember if you make this a chore you’re not likely to repeat it. My meal is usually a cheese and meet platter with fresh bread, chorizo sausage, almonds, and manchego cheese. I top off my lunch with a thermos of margaritas to share.
3. A beachy outfit. Try a sundress and your bathing suit. Consider wearing platform flip-flops to avoid burning your feet in the hot sand. Remember be yourself and be comfortable.
4. A beach bag with the essentials. You will need sunglasses, a towel, sunblock, a sun hat if you don’t have an umbrella, and any other items you think you will need, like a fan mister with ice water. Make sure you include any necessary items from your purse like your wallet and cell phone.
5. The right attitude. This is a girls’ day-trip. Prepare to laugh your ass off.
What are your easy, breezy secrets for a perfect beach picnic?
As always, please feel free to share your thoughts and experiences. I hope that by sharing my experiences you find strength, hope, and solutions when you make your commitment to live beyond your illness.
Carmen M. Perez, Travel Counselor
Your Florida Travel Expert and Gal Pal Bounce Back Getaways Specialist
Let’s start planning your beach getaway– You dream it, I plan it, you deserve it.
Visit My Website: www.GalPalBounceBackGetaways.com
Telephone: (407) 900-9258 E-mail: Carmen@CmpTravelCounselor.com