When you need more than your fair share of supportive friends, who’s in your Friendtourage really matters. My Friendtourage is important to me, one of my survivor tools. When something is going on in your life you no doubt will wonder which of your friends you could call, thinking, “which of my friends will make me feel better? Or “which friend will make me laugh?” Following are 10 friends every Friendtourage should have (of course, some friends will fill more than one role):
1. The “Work” Friend. Essential to making it in your work environment. Not only is this friend good for your productivity, she helps your day go by faster.
2. The “Dependable” Friend. Their loyalty knows no bounds and they will go to the end of the earth for you and you will do the same for them.
3. The “Know-It-All” Friend. If you belong to a group and are not as involved as you would like, this friend has you covered. She keeps you in touch and tells you about special events so you never feel left out.
4. The “Forever” Friend. No judgement, no excuses. This friend knows and loves all of you — the good, the bad, and the ugly (including where the bodies are buried).
5. The “Let’s Do It” Friend. When you want to catch a new movie, or a concert this is who you call. You share the same interests and sensibilities.
6. The “Stay-In” Friend. This special breed of friend will do nothing with you. Call when you want to hang out. No entertainment needed; your company is enough.
7. The “Life Coach” Friend. You go to this friend when you need an ear and some loving encouragement. They help you sort out an issue or just listen to you vent and give you the courage to go after what you want.
8. The “Tough” Friend. Your brutally honest friend who will tell you exactly like it is. From the man you’re dating to the color of your skirt, all to help you be your best.
9. The “Disconnected” Friend. She has no kids, no husband, and when you need to escape…she’s there. She won’t ask why you need that 3rd martini.
10. The “Good Times Only” Friend. Going out for drinks and want to guarantee a great time and big belly laughs, you call this friend. Easy breezy, just how we need it–when we need it.
What friends are in your Friendtourage?
As always, please feel free to share your thoughts and experiences. I hope that by sharing my experiences you find strength, hope, and solutions when you make your commitment to live beyond your illness.
Carmen M. Perez, Travel Counselor
Your Florida Travel Expert and Gal Pal Bounce Back Getaways Specialist
Let’s start planning — You dream it, I plan it, you deserve it.
Visit My Website: www.GalPalBounceBackGetaways.com
Telephone: (407) 900-9258 E-mail: Carmen@CmpTravelCounselor.com