“Do I need travel insurance?” This is a question is often asked by travelers. My answer is, “it depends.” The reality is the money you pay for a vacation is an investment. You should consider the risk of losing your investment and protect yourself. You should consider the type of travel you’re planning (domestic vs. international), the destination, and the amount you’re spending. If you feel there is a high risk for losing your money, then you should consider insuring your vacation.
10 Reasons to Insure Your Vacation
1. You have a flight cancellation.
2. Your bags are lost and you need medication and/or clothing immediately.
3. Your passport is lost or stolen.
4. Your wallet is lost or stolen.
5. You need to cancel your trip due to illness.
6. Your cruise line, airline, or tour operator goes bankrupt.
7. An incident occurs in the city you plan on visiting and want to cancel your trip.
8. A hurricane forces an evacuation of your hotel, resort, or cruise ship.
9. A medical emergency.
10. You’re involved in an accident and adequate medial treatment is not available.
There are several types of insurance that cover everything from the need to cancel your vacation because you were laid-off, to an incident happened in the city you’re visiting and you want to change your plans. I will be covering the types of insurance for you next week.
If you’re still in doubt, give me a call or e-mail me–I’d be happy to discuss whether you need travel insurance for your next vacation.
Carmen M. Perez, Travel Planner
Your Florida Travel Expert and Girlfriends’ Getaway Specialist
You dream it, I plan it, you deserve it.
Call me now to get pampered, play around, or just bounce back, with your girlfriends –and without all the drama.
Visit My Website: www.GalPalBounceBackGetaways.com
Telephone: (407) 900-9258 E-mail: Carmen@CmpTravelCounselor.com
“Like” Me on Facebook: GalPalBounceBackGetaways
“Follow” Me on Twitter: @CMPTravel
- Ask Your Travel Planner: What Do I Do if My Flight Gets Cancelled? (bouncebackjournal.wordpress.com)