Day 7: I’m incredibly nervous today. Having mostly followed the Visalus diet this week, I am hopeful the scale will be lower than it was a week ago at 163.4 lbs. Week one weigh-in….drum roll please–160.7 lbs. Hurray! That’s a loss of 2.7 lbs. for the week. My energy levels are still low, but the pain levels are low also. My body is just recovering from my last fibro episode, I’m sure.
My Week In Review
1. I started drinking two Visalus meal replacement shakes for weight loss per day.
2. Tried counting calories. We will try this again during week 3.
3. Made healthier meal choices.
4. Drink at least 4 cups of water per day. (I’m working my way to 8.)
Goals Next Week
1. Continue drinking two Visalus meal replacement shakes for weight loss per day.
2. Work on eating regularly throughout the day. I get the munchies in the evening…I’m hoping timing my meals will help.
3. Drink at least 6 cups of water per day.
4. Continue making healthier meal choices.
5 Steps to Organize For Your New Lifestyle
When a commitment is made to change your lifestyle, you deserve the best chance to succeed. As we continue on this journey, let’s make sure we have done everything we can do to guarantee our success.
1. Designate space in your refrigerator and a cabinet in the kitchen for your healthy foods. This is where you will go to find your foods without distractions.
2. Don’t buy foods you binge on.
3. Plan your meals and snacks and schedule approximate meal times. My goal is to eat at 8 a.m. – 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.
4. Measure your food. It’s essential to know what a single serving or portion looks like.
5. When you decide it’s time to enjoy a special treat–enjoy your treat. No guilt, no stress. If you are planning on treating yourself to dinner then plan for it. Consume fewer calories that day. Consider skipping the bread and butter, order a healthy item from the menu, and/or skip desert.
These are things we will be able to control in time, but until we allow for our new lifestyles by learning to organize and plan our meals, we will need to set some boundaries.
Did you meet your goals this week?
As always, please feel free to share your thoughts and experiences.
Carmen M. Perez, Travel Planner
Your Florida Travel Expert and Girlfriends’ Getaway Specialist
You dream it, I plan it, you deserve it.
Call me now to get pampered, play around, or just bounce back, with your girlfriends –and without all the drama.
Visit My Website: www.GalPalBounceBackGetaways.com
Telephone: (407) 900-9258 E-mail: Carmen@CmpTravelCounselor.com
“Like” Me on Facebook: GalPalBounceBackGetaways
“Follow” Me on Twitter: @CMPTravel
- Living with Fibromyalgia: My Visalus Challenge – Inspired (bouncebackjournal.wordpress.com)
- Living with Fibromyalgia: My Visalus Challenge Day 1 – Ashamed (bouncebackjournal.wordpress.com)