Week 3: I had many good intentions this week, but several of them did not materialize. The tracking of my calories and timing of meals was a mess. This week I could not help be reminded of my intentions when I weighed in, fearful of the result. Well, here we go…last week I weighed 159.2. Week 3 weigh in…drum roll please–158.4 pounds. That’s a total of .8 lbs. for the week, and a total loss of exactly 5 lbs. I am feeling great, and that is a blessing. My energy levels are starting to pick up and my pain levels are very low. I am using a new meditation program daily my friend, Edel Mahoney, of the Path of the Peaceful Warrior , created and introduced me to. I’m so grateful I am at peace.
My week in review:
1. Drinking 2 ViSalus meal replacement shakes for weight loss per day.
2. Making healthy meal choices.
3. Eating at regular intervals throughout the day.
4. Drinking at least 6 cups of water per day.
My goals for the next week are:
1. Continue drinking 2 ViSalus meal replacement shakes for weight loss per day.
2. Continue working on eating at regular intervals throughout the day. (While it is challenging for me to do this, I notice I feel better when I’m successful.)
3. Drink at least 8 cups of water. (Getting 6 in per day was easy for me last week, so I’m comfortable stepping up.)
4. Continue making healthier meal choices. (This is still a challenge for me.)
5. Attempt to track my calories 2 days this week. (I did not succeed in doing this last week, so I’m giving it another try.)
Go you think about your intentions when you are getting into a new situation or creating a new habit?
As you may know it is my intention to lose 15 pounds over 90 days, hence the ViSalus Challenge. However this morning when I weighed in I was stricken with the fact I lost exactly 5 pounds. I think I may have set this intention accidentally. ViSalus gives you a bracelet to track your weight loss and it is a friendly reminder when you reach for the refrigerator door handle, or are ordering from the menu. The bracelet tracks you progress in 5 lbs. increments, so I placed my peg in the 5 lbs. slot because it was the lowest, without much thought.
As the weeks have gone by I have gotten use to my reminder, focusing on this 5 lbs. marker. My black bracelet kept me focused and thinking, “All I have to do is lose 5 lbs.” This is why I believe it was no accident I lost exactly 5 pounds.
What to do?
I changed my intentions. I have now placed the peg in the 15 lbs. slot.
It is not always easy to change your intentions the way I did here, but that shouldn’t stop you redefining your intentions and creating a new point of focus. Being adaptable will help you overcome any challenge. Setting small achievable goals will give you a sense of satisfaction and the motivation to continue working towards your goals.
Do you know your intentions?
If you would like a dose of daily inspiration visit Edel’s website, www.PathofthePeacefulWarrior.com, or Facebook Page, www.facebook.com/GratitudeGoddess
Because I got by with a little help from my girlfriends, I want to help you get help from your girlfriends. As always, please feel free to share your thoughts and experiences.
Carmen M. Perez, Travel Planner
Your Florida Travel Expert and Girlfriends’ Getaway Specialist
You dream it, I plan it, you deserve it.
Call me now to get pampered, play around, or just bounce back, with your girlfriends –and without all the drama.
Visit My Website: www.GalPalBounceBackGetaways.com
Telephone: (407) 900-9258 E-mail: Carmen@CmpTravelCounselor.com
“Like” Me on Facebook: GalPalBounceBackGetaways
“Follow” Me on Twitter: @CMPTravel
- Living II: My Visalus Challenge Day 7 – Organize (bouncebackjournal.wordpress.com)
- Living II: My Visalus Challenge Day 14 (Week 2) – Bullies (bouncebackjournal.wordpress.com)