As a travel planner I am always brainstorming with clients about where to go on vacation. Vacations are a necessary investment for your overall well-being, so you want to do it right and with some forethought. If you want to go on vacation but have no ideas of where to go or what you want to do, the following will be helpful.
Top 5 Things to consider when choosing your getaway destination:
1. Consider why are you traveling. Are you traveling to celebrate a special achievement or birthday? Are you traveling to disconnect or to visit family? Knowing why you are traveling helps you know how far in advance you need to plan. If you are visiting family, and only need to make air travel reservations, or are driving a short distance, you will not need to plan more than 3 weeks in advance. However, if you are planning a 3 week trip to Italy, you may want to start planning 6 to 12 months in advance.
2. Think about how you are feeling mentally and physically. Do you need to reduce stress; or do you have pent-up energy and need adventure–or are you somewhere between? At times we need to take it slow, relax on a beach and help start the healing our bodies need from the damage done by our day-to-day living. Other times we want to let loose, go surfing, try something adventurous. Plan activities that will help make the most of your vacation based on how you feel.
3. Consider your travel companions carefully. Who will you be traveling with? Your family, girlfriends, or spouse? Take into account why you are traveling and how you are feeling. There are times when you may need to get away and enjoy the family, or your partner. You may need to hang with your girlfriends, or be alone. Your travel companions can make or break your getaway.
4. Clear your calendar for your vacation. How much time do you have? Ideally 4-7 days will help you completely relax. No matter how much time it is, you need to make the most of your vacation time.
5. Decide on your vacation budget. Budgets vary greatly and at times may restrict where to go and what you do while vacationing. No matter what the dollar amount is, be creative, plan your vacation, and try to find something unique to experience while you’re vacationing.
What is most important to you when deciding where to go on vacation?
Because I got by with a little help from my girlfriends, I want to help you get help from your girlfriends. As always, please feel free to share your thoughts and experiences.
Carmen M. Perez, Travel Planner
Your Florida Travel Expert and Girlfriends’ Getaway Specialist
You dream it, I plan it, you deserve it.
Call me now to get pampered, play around, or just bounce back, with your girlfriends –and without all the drama.
Visit My Website: www.GalPalBounceBackGetaways.com
Telephone: (407) 900-9258 E-mail: Carmen@CmpTravelCounselor.com
“Like” Me on Facebook: GalPalBounceBackGetaways
“Follow” Me on Twitter: @CMPTravel